When global economy turns South, or just your family budget gets tighter, you start looking for the opportunity to cut your bills: here and there. Cutting your phone bills is one of the first easy-to-use options to consider.
While there are multiple ways doing that, and some of them we have discussed already, I would like to present a descent way of following this path. Using the Jaxtr service, you can definitely save money for your communication services, especially if you talk and SMS a lot, and your plans are far from being unlimited.
With Jaxtr, you get free unlimited calls to about 50 countries around the World, and discounted rates for other locations. Rates are indeed low and competitive to the similar phone services, but in this post, I will focus exclusively on free calls.
List of Supported Countries
- Republic of Cyprus
- Czech Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
- United States
How to Start?
- Navigate to the page: https://www.jaxtr.com/
- Enter your number to get local jaxtr number.
- Call the jaxtr number on your phone.
- Dial your destination number after the prompt and talk
Note that there is no need to download special software and the call may be initiated through the browser window.
Talking for Free
- If you call a friend who is in a FreeConnect supported country, your friend receives an SMS notification with a local number to call and get connected to you.
- If you are a registered member, use the FreeConnect option by pressing "0" and then "2" after you hear the voice prompt when you call. If you are not a registered member, FreeConnect is automatically chosen for you.
- Stay on the phone and wait for your friend to call in.
- Once your friend calls in, you can talk for as long as you want at no charge from jaxtr. Note that your phone company regular charges still apply for the call to the jaxtr number.
Note that if your friend does not receive jaxtr's SMS notification, then you will need to inform your friend by other means (such as email, IM, or a direct call) of the local number to call to get connected to you. Jaxtr will not charge for this service, but your phone company's normal charges still apply. You always have the option to bypass the notification and get connected immediately at jaxtr's low rates by pressing "1" while you are holding.
The service is available for Windows, Android, iOS, and Blackberry platforms.