After publishing a previous post about Kick Resume free online resume generation service, I got several requests to review more similar resources, showing that there is substantial interest in the topic among job seekers. That is understandable. Adequate resume is your key to the interview. And if you are unable to open the prospective employer door, no one ever know how good you are fitting to the advertised position. Therefore, it is recommended to tweak the resume for every position you dream of (definitely, not the every one you submit, but those, you really want). That’s it, it is not enough to modify each time cover letter to reflect the position you submit your resume, but possibly perform fine tuning of the resume itself to show your perfect fit to the job responsibilities and requirements matrix.
Applying to job is a job itself, and you should treat each submission as a project. It takes time and it takes efforts, but, trust me, it is easy to see, if the applicant resume and cover letter were created as generic faceless documents, and the only cover letter modification was changing the position name in the standard form. When hundreds of resumes come for the same position, you should make your application sticking in a good way, noticeable in a crowd of the similar submissions.
Free online service will be at your side and assistance.
1. Resume Improved
Online Resume Builder will guide you through the process of creating an easy to read, stylish, professional looking resume fast and efficiently. You are instructed to enter your details in the required fields as directed – there’s no need to worry about page margins, font types or the layout presentation.
* Create a professionally formatted resume within minutes using advanced resume builder tool.
* Expert hints and tips available throughout to help guide and inspire you.
* Choose from a variety of Industry recommended templates.
* Print, Download, Email, Fax and even Publish your resume online in one click.
* Access your resume anytime, anyplace from any computer.
* All information is saved securely on the website.
Free online resume builder allows you to create the perfect resume in minutes. You will get proper guidance through the process from start to finish. The plan of actions is simple and straightforward: start by selecting a resume template, and then use our step by step tools to enter your education, qualifications, and past employment history. Then share your resume online or download a plain text version for free (in Word or PDF format). You may also publish multiple resume versions for different job applications.
You may store your resume online here and redirect anyone to it just by giving them your URL, which looks something like resume.com/username.
Resumizer offers a free resume creator allowing to write and print your resume in a few simple steps, many styles and options with tips to guide you. Easily update and edit your resume, no fees or memberships required.
* No cost to use, no membership is required, there is no need to join, just come and use it whenever you wish.
* There are many options available to you to customize your resume. Use the options you like; leave the others blank.
* There are many popular layout styles to choose from.
* The type face, text color, and accent colors can all be selected according to your taste.
* Each section has extra space for you to add anything special that you require.
* You can easily preview your resume as the creation process progresses.
* The finished product can be printed immediately or downloaded and printed later.
* Your cell phone number, email address, and webpage address can all be included if you desire.
* You can return at any time and load your free resume into the system to be edited and updated as needed.
4. CV Maker
Free online resume builder CV Maker will be useful also for multi-language applicants since it supports 17 languages. It features a very simple “fill-in-the-blanks” format to fill up, as well as a customizable editor which lets you rearrange sections (Work Experiences, Qualifications, Education).
You can also add your own sections with rich text formatting. Register to save and edit your resume from time to time or else just fill in your information and download the resume in PDF, HTML or TXT formats. You can also share your resume electronically through the individually provided link.
Resunate is free Web based software to build a resume and automatically evaluate & improve it for every job. First, Resunate guides users through the process of creating an effective resume by integrating their submitted data into a template. You can import your LinkedIn profile into Resunate and use it as a starting point for creating a resume. For your accomplishments and activities, Resunate suggests effective wording and examples of activities that are most attractive to employers. It also suggests including new information boxes such as "objective" - a statement of your intent applying for a specific position, "summary" - a summary of your major qualifications, other experience, or a custom category in addition to the standard contact information, work experience, and education.
Once you compile your resume data, there are three basic choices of resume templates from institutions like Carnegie Mellon University and the Career Development Center along with what types of jobs each specific resume template is geared towards. You can edit, add, or remove information at this stage as well, with the full resume displayed on the screen. After editing, you can save resume on the site or download it as a PDF document to print later.
As job seeker you can "focus" a resume to up to 25 different categories of jobs on the free version for automatic editing in the "My resumes" section. The program chooses which bullet points to keep in the resume based on semantic relevance to the focus to create a more effectively concise resume. In this section, you can manage what resumes have been submitted and whether they have received an interview, received an offer, or accepted an offer.
Resunate is free to use, fully-featured, for up to 25 resume to job description focuses. Subscribing to a premium account removes that limitation, providing unlimited resume focuses.
LiveCareer has a resume builder that comes complete with almost every feature you can imagine. Register to save and edit your resume later on and choose from many templates to work on. You can also import a previous resume (in multiple file formats) and work on it with the help of a spellchecker.
The tool also lets you edit the formatting, spacing and margins of the templates to suit your needs and once done, you can print, email or download your resume in 5 different file format: DOC, PDF, HTML, RTF and TXT.
7. Got Resume Builder
GotResumeBuilder allows you to create professionally looking resume online fast and easy with user-friendly only tool.
* Multiple professionally designed resume templates.
* Context-sensitive resume writing tips on the go.
* Real-time preview of resume designs.
* One page summary view of resume content.
* Easily sort items with drag-drop.
* Organize resume sections as you wish with ease. Create unique sections and sort them with simple drag-and-drop.
* Service allows to host created resume online for electronic sharing.
* You may instantly share resume on Facebook or Twitter.
* Download resume in multiple formats: PDF, Word, ODT, Html, Text supported
* You may create and manage multiple resumes and quickly create new resumes by duplicating existing ones.
And there is couple of more similar site for review with no detailed description:
8. Resumonk: http://www.resumonk.com/
9. Resumesimo: http://www.resumesimo.com/
10. SmartResumeWizard: http://smartresumewizard.com/