If you are occasionally work with video files in any way, you know that that is long, sometimes complicated, process, requiring descent software to perform all the tasks with multiple features and plugins.
While free online video editor cannot completely replace the advanced video editors, it definitely can help users to perform the most essential operations with easy, simplicity, and with no need for the software, installed on your computer. I would say, that the offered features are even more than average users need.
Online video editor VideoToolbox.com allows you to convert videos, insert watermark text, cut and crop clips, merge numerous video files, demux video files, etc.
How it works?
First you have to create your account to start the use of site. Once you register and login to your account, you can see a menu and press on ‘File Manager’ to initiate uploading and editing a video. Access all the videos that are presented in your account through File Manager. New users will see only the file “sample.mp4″. Now add more videos to the library by either uploading a file from your PC or downloading it from supported video sites including Youtube, Yahoo Videos, DailyMotion, MetaCafe, Veoh, Vimeo, and others. Then Videotoolbox will upload the file on its server. A space limit is given for each account. There is a counter stating how much space is used and how much left to help you manage the space limit.
Once you get the video file in your file manager, choose the task to perform on this tool and do the editing. Hit on the drop down to obtain list of offered functions. Let’s take an example here – pick up “Add watermark” option [currently 10 actions are provided]. Then Add watermark wizard will open, where you can opt a preview image and press on it. Here is tried to add watermark on a video of new car Tata Pixel. Enter watermark text that you wish to appear on video, choose font family, font size and font color. You can even give stroke effect. Your work is over – click on the link ‘generate watermark image’, and then again press on ‘Add watermark to video’ link. That’s it; your converted file is accessible to download.
- The services are FREE, but registration is required.
- Ability to process video files up to 600 MB.
- Analyses your video files and displays detailed information about the codec, bit rate, frame rate, resolution, etc.
- Converts your files between all of the popular video formats (3GP, AMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, MOV, M4V, MP4, MPEG, MPG, RM, VOB, WMV). Just choose the output format in simple mode while making changes to advanced settings like video codec, audio codec, resolution, bit rate, sample rate, frame rate, etc. in advanced mode.
- Adds a text watermark to your video file.
- Cuts video at start and end points that you determine.
- Crop video with just few clicks
- Merges multiple files for you into a single video track.
- Extracts audio, video or subtitle text from a file -- a feature known as demux.
- Records video from your webcam or another movie device.
- Takes snapshots and creates thumbnails off your video clip for every 5, 10, 15 or 20 seconds.
- Adds embedded subtitles to your video file.
- Facilitates downloading flash videos from more than 20 video-sharing websites.
- Features an Advanced File Manager that makes it easy for users to upload their videos and download files from other sites on the Web. The Advanced File Manager also allows users to preview videos as thumbnail sequence. This feature activates on simple mouse-over and is built on a sophisticated thumbnail-rotating technique.
Other Service Reviews
Developers’ Website: http://www.videotoolbox.com/