How much time does it take you to express an idea in well written English?
Conveying ideas with words is much harder if you have to write it in a foreign language. Why? Just because…
ü Automatic translation and correction software are just not good enough
ü Human translation and proofreading are both time consuming and expensive
ü Browsing several websites, forums and blogs is annoying
ü You can still bother your English friend for help, but even your best friend’s patience has a limit
Ludwig is a smart translator and linguistic search engine which helps you to find the perfect word or sentence to express your ideas.
The main functions
1. Search. Write in Ludwig’s search bar in English to find and compare your sentences with a set of relevant examples coming from good sources
2. Translate. If you write in using a language other than English, you will get a translation together with a set of contextualized English example sentences, like this example here:
3. Dictionary. Ludwig has also an interactive dictionary that you can access both by searching for a single word or by double clicking on any word in the results!
4. Idioms. Ludwig provides you also with a special section for idioms
5. Advanced. Finally, it has also advanced search functions. For instance, by using the asterisk * between two words, you will discover the words that fit the best for the context.