If you are really concerned over privacy and security of your personal data, you may find the encryption methods of all the most popular email providers as insufficient. Looking for secure email with absolutely no compromises, brought to you by MIT and CERN scientists? You found it!
* ProtonMail is incorporated in Switzerland and our servers are located in Switzerland. The service is outside of US and EU jurisdiction and user data is protected by strict Swiss data protection laws.
* Because of the end-to-end encryption, your data is already encrypted by the time it reaches the ProtonMail servers. Service provider cannot decrypt your encrypted messages and as result, they cannot share them with third parties. Messages are stored on ProtonMail servers in encrypted format. They are also transmitted in encrypted format between our server and users’ browsers. Messages between ProtonMail users are transmitted in encrypted form within our protected server network. Because data is encrypted at all steps, the risk of message interception is largely eliminated.
* ProtonMail works out of any modern web browser, there is nothing to install. The service definitely is also backwards compatible with other email providers so you can continue sending and receiving emails from friends who are not using ProtonMail.
* ProtonMail developers believe privacy is a fundamental human right and should be available for everyone. That's why they offer multi-tiered pricing including a free version that anyone can use.
* ProtonMail services do not keep permanent logs or require any personal information to sign up. They do not save any metadata such as the IPs used to connect to accounts, and also accept anonymous payment methods (such as Bitcoin) so even paid users have their privacy rights protected.
* Web-based service ProtonMail works on all devices, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones. It's as simple as visiting our site and logging in. There are no plugins or apps to install - simply use your favorite web browser.
* You can set an optional expiration time on ProtonMail’s encrypted emails, so they will be automatically deleted from the recipient's inbox once they have expired. This works for both emails sent to other ProtonMail users, and encrypted emails sent to outside email addresses.
* ProtonMail was developed with a strong emphasis on usability. As a result, ProtonMail is extremely easy to use and does not require any learning curves for any level of the end-user computer literacy.
Service is in open beta, so you need to sign in and request invite. Supply your other working email address so you will get the email notification promptly as soon as you will be invited.
Request invite: https://protonmail.ch/invite