Cloudup lets you instantly and securely stream videos, photos, music, links, and files to anyone. By simply dragging and dropping files or links to your account, you can share streams without waiting for uploads or downloads, and at no cost. Rock out to your favorite YouTube and Soundcloud links; share beautiful picture and video galleries; or send over top secret docs to your boss. It’s safe, secure, and flexible to suit your needs for work or play.
Every Cloudup user can add 1000 items, up to 200MB each, for free. Yep, that means up to about 200GB of free storage space depending on what you're streaming.
The Cloudup team is serious about security, which is why we use the finest Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and encryption protection methods out there. Cloudup stream URLs are not crawlable by search engines and will only be indexed in obscured results if they are shared in a public space (e.g. social media channels, your blog, etc.), and no one can view your password-protected streams without your permission.
By their own words:
Cloudup works on any browser and any operating system to make consumption truly universal. Here’s a nowhere-near exhaustive list of frustrating scenarios we’ve all experienced:
* Getting software to work cross-platform is a headache. Let’s say you need to send your colleague a presentation and the 16-tab Excel model just as she hops on the train to go meet a partner with only her smartphone in hand. Without native software support, she sends an email response, “Sorry, can’t view these without my work computer.” Next time, be sure to stream all the presentation assets with a Cloudup link so she can actually view the files from anywhere, including her phone. With support for over 20 Microsoft Office and Open Office formats, Cloudup is the perfect way to share and view documents on-the-go.
* Ever have to wade through nested email threads to find attachments and links? Cloudup makes it easy to group all the docs, text, and links you need into editable streams. Make revisions, add new versions, and remove old archives, all in one place.
* So, your grandpa bought a shiny new tablet but doesn’t know how to sign up for apps. Since recipients don’t need a Cloudup account, he can still view your family picture stream right from his tablet – no signup necessary!
* For all of you who share video snippets, you’re in luck. We have solved the web’s biggest video struggle – transcoding. Cloudup lets you share and watch videos across browsers. Say goodbye to video downloading, extra steps and random video software. * Waiting for attachments to upload is the worst. Share Cloudup streams even before your files and links are uploaded, and add to them anytime.
* Basically, Cloudup is the most flexible, powerful way to stream and view anything, anywhere, for anyone – from web developers to architects to your parents.
Basic account for free, no setup, no credit card, instant access from the Web, phone, or Desktop.
Cloudup is still in closed Beta. Visit the site and reserve your account, entering your email address.
You should get your invite shortly.