Mosaic is the art of creating images with an assemblage of small pieces of colored glass, stone, or other material (Wikipedia).
In general terms, mosaic creation is a very fine, elaborate, and complicated process, requiring professional knowledge and taking the significant amount of time. However, with digital imaging fast development, it is very easy to create mosaic from your picture, imposing the related filter, which is usually available in most freeware and commercial pictures’ editors.
However, what if you want to put mosaic creation on the next level, when the small pieces of mosaic, creating a big picture, are not some kind of patterns, but actually multiple small pictures, combined together in highly professional artistic way.
If you do not have software for that on your computer, you have Internet, where you can find the related available service.
Thus, today, I am presenting high-quality online services from Mosaically. This is a free service which will help you to create your piece of art with no professional knowledge and in matter of minutes.
How it works
Pick up the big picture that you will use as the main background outline. Then add multiple small pictures, that will actually create you mosaic patterns. Then click "Create Photo Mosaic". That’s all!
* For best result, pick not very complicated big picture and crop it to select the winning area. Then, add as many small pictures as possible, whoever it is better if they have more or less similar color patterns as your big picture has, and crop them too if the default center crop does not look good to you.
To crop your pictures click on the picture you want crop, then, select your crop area, and click on crop. You may also perform other operations like rotating the picture, or removing it from your mosaic.
* You can customize your mosaic, like choosing the size of your small pictures, and what level of colorization and superimposition to apply to your mosaic.
* Interesting feature allows other people to add their own their own pictures to your mosaic, or let them remix their own mosaic based on your mosaic. However, you have the power of decision making since photos, added by others, can be activated only after you approve them.
* If you are reluctant to share your pictures to the open world, you can make your mosaic private so that no one but you can view it.
* As the mosaic is ready, you can share your high resolution, zoomable photo montage online with your friends and family for free.
* You can also embed your high resolution, zoomable photo mosaic on your own website or blog for free.
Downloading and printing
* You can download high resolution JPG image file of your photo mosaic just for $29. It's about 18,000 x 18,000 pixels resolution, and about 50MB in size.
* You can print it as large as 5 by 5 foot, and still see your small pictures in sharp detail. When printing at a local print shop, ask that they print it at full resolution and not downsample it.