We got inquiry from one of the blog readers on how to rotate videos 90 degrees, converting the general view from horizontal to vertical.
While there are multiple computer programs on how to reach the goal, in the post, we will present an easy way of rotation with freeware VirtualDub. This is a features-rich utility for video clips processing, and rotation constitutes just one of the numerous capabilities.
As the first step, you need to download VirtualDub, if it is not installed on your computer, or you do not possess its portable version in your software toolbox.
VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms (98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters.
· Access downloading page at Sourceforge: http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/
· Download or install the software.
· Run the software as installed.
Using the Rotate filter
· Save the video you need to process in the known loadtion.
· Load the file File – Open Video File.
· Once the video is open, you need to apply the "Rotate" filter.
· To select the filter click on the video menu and then filters (or Ctrl+F).
· If the filter is missing, click on "Add" > "Rotate" and click "OK".
· The Rotate filter will provide you will all the necessary options to rotate your videos: left or right 90 degrees or around 180 degrees.
· Chose the right for you option and confirm.
· The output video layout will appear on the right.
Using the Rotate2 filter
If you need to rotate your video for any reason to the angle other than 90 or 180, you may use the “filter 2” option, also appearing on the list.